Study Italian language in Tuscany

The University for Foreigners of Siena and the Language Centres of the Tuscan Universities organize courses of Italian as a foreign language. Foreigners can choose both one month educational programs or more.

For those students who won a scholarship for ERASMUS or ERASMUS Placement mobility to Italy, Erasmus Intensive Language Courses (EILC) are available in order to improve their knowledge of Italian. Courses are available in January – February and in August – September. The intensive language course will be held in the University for Foreigners of Siena.

For foreign students who attend courses in Italian universities (for an exchange program)  educational programs in Italian can be held also by the Linguistic Centres.

According to the current law, Non-UE students are allowed to enroll and to apply for an academic educational program in Italy only if they have already reached, at least, the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Their level has to be certified according to one of the four official certification of Italian as a foreign language (CILS – University for Foreigners of Siena; CELI – University for Foreigners of Perugia; IT – Roma Tre University; Plida – Società Dante Alighieri). Without a certification, the student has to take an assessment test in September.
For specific exchange programs, the required level can change (as for Marco Polo – Tourandot program

Further information
University for Foreigners of Siena (
Websites of the Linguistic Centres of the Tuscan Universities (